Friday, 19 June 2009

Bottle top charms

There is a swap over on DC altered art section at the moment for altered bottle tops. This has taken me a while to get into - and I am still not sure if I like what I have made.

Chose three themes - time ( well I have to use up all the bits from the 50 or so watches I bought!), oriental and a bee button.

I used embossing powder around the edges and on the backs to cover the brand name. The holes were made simply with a pokey tool.
After choosing what I was going to put inside, I used glossy accents to stick them all in and then just filled them up so the items were encased. Although it took a while to completely dry, I quite like the effect.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Hi Dee

These are really lovely. Very effective. Well done.

Emma
x

Sherry said...

Great bottletops Dee - hope I get one!

art raffle said...

hi

just to let you know that the ART RAFFLE is back up and running. Sarah who was running it has now passed the rains over to me , i do hop eyou will join in again. you can now find use at www.monthlyartraffle.blogspot.com

regards
jean
www.3djean.co.uk