Friday 19 June 2009

Bottle top charms

There is a swap over on DC altered art section at the moment for altered bottle tops. This has taken me a while to get into - and I am still not sure if I like what I have made.

Chose three themes - time ( well I have to use up all the bits from the 50 or so watches I bought!), oriental and a bee button.

I used embossing powder around the edges and on the backs to cover the brand name. The holes were made simply with a pokey tool.
After choosing what I was going to put inside, I used glossy accents to stick them all in and then just filled them up so the items were encased. Although it took a while to completely dry, I quite like the effect.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Hi Dee

These are really lovely. Very effective. Well done.

Emma
x

Sherry said...

Great bottletops Dee - hope I get one!