Wednesday 10 September 2008
















Here is my effort for this months UK Art Raffle. The theme is take flight. I decided to alter a slide mailer, as I have only ever done one before (Nicks was the unfortunate recipient!)

I used Tim Holtz crackle paint for the base colour, which I then rubbed over with metallic acrylics.

The front cover I stamped with "wish to fly" and then utee'd. then added some of my favourite german scrap wings. The inside I stamped and embossed some scrolls and then added a brass heart. The slide has a transparency with moths (yuck!) and butterflies trapped inside and edged with aluminium tape.

The back cover I have added a paperartsy stamped image. The dangly bit is an old ear-ring and then wrapped some fibres around the spine.

I hope that it is good enough!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

your lovely slide mailer arrived today Dee

it's most certainly "good enough"!

good luck in the raffle!

Sian said...

Wow! I love it!

LynnF said...

Dee - your slide mailers are wonderful!!! Lynn F.

Nicks said...

I don't think 'unfortunate' is the word! Fortunate more like!!

I just done a slide mailer for the first time in ages, great minds think alike !

DF - Heidi said...

great mailer